Monday, February 24, 2014

34 Weeks

I actually hit 34 weeks on Friday, but weekends are always busy around here.  This is my 34 week picture.

And for comparison purposes, this is me at 34 weeks with Micah.
Yup when I was pregnant with Micah at this time, we were preparing to move to a new 2 bedroom apartment.
So at 34 weeks, Baby Ferraro is the size of a butternut squash or a cantaloupe.  He is between 4.2 and 5.8 pounds and is around 17.2 to 18.7 inches long.  He can now hear and react to songs that we sing to him.  His fat layers are filling out, which will help him to regulate body temperature.  The good news right now is that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks normally do fine.  If he was born right now, he'd probably have to spend a few days in the NICU but overtime, he would be just fine.
I still feel so unprepared for his arrival.  Technically, we have pretty much everything we need at this point.  There are a few things I would still like to get, like order some pictures for his room to decorate with and buy a double stroller.  I also need things for me like nursing tanks.  I did go and buy the things that I need for my hospital bag, now I just need to pack it.  My goal was to do that this past weekend, but that didn't happen so hopefully I'll get it done this week.
There is only 32 days until his big arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment