Wednesday, March 19, 2014

37 Weeks 5 days..

Well the past week has been quite interesting. Auntie Shannon came and visited us for a few days during her Spring Break, which was a lot of fun.  Micah loved having Nan Nan here.  On Thursday Brandon woke up incredibly sick and ended up having to go to the Emergency Room.  Luckily Shannon was still here, so she watched Micah for us while I was at the hospital with him for hours.  Brandon had the Norovirus, so the next few days were us staying far away from Brandon so we didn't catch it as well.  We seemed to have been lucky enough to avoid it.
A few pictures from our week..
Staying away from Daddy while knowing that he was home and hiding in a bedroom was hard, so Micah and I found a new playground to play on last Friday.  We had a little picnic and then some fun on slides and the horse.

After Daddy was feeling better, it was time for Micah and Daddy to clean all the germs out.
He loves vacuuming!
And then he also found Daddy's beret the other day and was so proud that he looked like Daddy...this is him practicing being a Drill Sergeant.
In pregnancy world, I had a doctor's appointment today and it went really well.  I only have one more appointment and then my repeat c-section!  It is so crazy to me that it is so close.  Only 9 more days or less until there are 2 little boys here.  The doctor kept saying "if you make it to next week, you'll have an appointment on Wednesday then the section on Friday."  If I make it..sounds very hopeful.  My big goal right now is to make it until Saturday.  Robin flies in Friday night and then I can breathe easy.  She will be staying with us for the next few weeks and will be here to take care of Micah and the dogs while Brandon and I are in the hospital.  I'm so thankful for my amazing friend, so thankful that she loves my little family and I completely trust her in taking care of my little man.  Friends that amazing aren't easy to find.
Since I doubt I will find time on Friday to do a 38 week update, I'll go ahead and do it now.  This was me a few days ago..
He feels so incredibly low now.  It is painful to walk or move around at all.  My hips are killing me and so is my back.  I had no idea how exciting and painful putting on pants could be.  On Friday he will be the size of a pumpkin or as long as a leek! He will be about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long.  He weighs somewhere between 6.2 and 9.2 pounds!  His head is about the same size as his abdomen.  He also might have about an inch of hair.  His organs are now mature and ready for life outside.  He now has a firm grasp too.
I am still in complete denial that he will really be born in the next week or so.  I'm so excited to meet him, but also nervous about the change he will bring in our lives.  As of the time that I am posting this...I am more pregnant than I have ever been!!  I have officially passed Micah's birth time! I had him at 37 weeks 5 days at 3:06pm.  We are in new territory now.  It also means I can now vividly remember how big Micah was on this birth day, how alert he was and realize that this baby is now as big as Micah was that day.  9 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment